Friday, January 7, 2011

Jingle Belles - Card Deux

So an inchie or a twinchie? Wha? These gals at Jingle Belles are CRRRRRAAAZY!! "Have Yourself a Merry LITTLE Christmas", they said. VERY funny.

I don't have small stuff. I have cat hair!! I could gather a pile of that in an inch or two and stick THAT on some Christmas paper and call it DONE. No? Okay, fine. But what do you do when you have absolutely NO SMALL STAMPS?!

Ahhh....punches! Yes!! So I start gathering up all my teeny little punches and tried to devise a plan. THEN, when I was going through my Pink Paislee Father Christmas patterned paper I let out a mini-squeal! (I swear, I did!) There were 2 6 x6" sheets of Santa all EXACTLY ONE INCH CIRCLE SIZED!! WOOOOOOO!!! (However, I cropped him to 3/4" circle for my purpose and the paper behind the Santas are all 1" circles.)

I also decided since I wasn't varying too much in color from my tried and trued red & white theme from last week, that I'd at least vary the type of card. So, I made this one an easel card (<--click for the tutorial on SCS on how to make one). Haven't made these in a while. And, I've never made one that was vertical before (I don't think). Usually they're horizontal or square. I like these. They're fun to make. I really like how this card eventually turned out. I have to admit I started out hating it.

First is the card flat (un-easel-ized):



Now here it is in its full easel glory! ;)




Now go to the Jingle Belles and check out the other cards! This is just waaaaaay too much fun. And make a card yourself while you're at it. You'll be way ahead of the game by the time December rolls around. :)



{Supplies:
Paper: Cardstock (SU!), DSP - Father Christmas (Pink Paislee), Wassail (Basic Grey)
Ink: Distress Ink (Ranger), Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger)
Stamp: Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Punch: 3/4" & 1" circle punch (EK Success)
Accessories: Foam snowflake & pearl (Michael's), Seam binding (SU!), Thickers (American Crafts)}



All my best,

18 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

Beautiful, Lisa!! Fantastic way to overcome your lack of small stamps. :-) And hmmm... this challenge sounds like one I should REALLY start playing....!!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this! Love love love. And I LIKE it a little bit, too!

Are those felt letters? I really like the white-on-white thang.

Two down, 46 to go! YAYAYAYAYAY!

WV: cramm
When I was in college I used to cramm all night for an exam.

Em said...

Amazing! Love it <3 (I think the cathair would work too, though)

~amy~ said...

::I ♥♥ it::

Marianne said...

Holy smokes ! you are amazing. Now for your next trick you will pull a rabbit out of a hat.
This card is so clever.
I still can't get my mind around this weeks tas. inchie sminchie Bah ! HumBug !

Sue said...

Hi! Just popping over from the Jingle Belles blog - aren't Steph and Lauren amazing? Love your card - especially the white-on-white and texture... Great improvising, too!

SmilynStef said...

Yeah, we are a bit crazy ... but in a crafty-good kind of way ... look at you rockin' this inchie design ... you can do small, you just didn't know it ... fabulous holiday design ... thanks again for joining our Crazy Jingle Belle fun.

lauren bergold said...

oooh! OOOOOH! OoOoOOoOooO000h!!! i was so hoping SOMEONE would do ROUND INCHIES!!! b/c secretly they are my favorite and if id've had a teeeeny bit more time i might well have either made a round inchie card INSTEAD (or in addition) to what i made...still might actually, b/c as i look at ♥♥♥THIS♥♥♥ my papercrafty heart goes pitter pat in a way i usually reserve for dark chocolate or daniel craig. SO THERE!

as far as *CRAAAAAAAZY* goes: YEAH. it's a fair cop! on the other hand...takes one to know one, babe...i'm just sayin'... ;) ♥♥♥

ps: i'd quite like to see the "cat hair" card!!! :) :) :)

Jay Gee said...

Those little Santa images are perfect and look fabulous. Love your easel card.

Susan S said...

nice job...I've not been successful with easel cards so I really admire yours!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great one with wonderful texture!

Lora said...

This looks great - love your circles and I love how you worked the Ho-ho-ho in between the circles.

Dawn said...

Lisa, your card is FAB-U-LOUS DAHHHHHHHHHHLING! I love those little santas! The easel card is a great idea for this. I will have to make one of them soon! YOU ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to see the circles! Love this card. Easels are one of my favourites, but I am way to lazy to make them with any regularity. Or at all, actually.

Lorraine said...

I think we should give round inchies a name and call them cinchies - they're a cinch in a pinch aren't they? Especially when you have such great paper to punch. This is wonderfully done!

Just Me said...

Oh I loveeeeeeeeeeeee how you did this!! And the easel card is such a great idea!!

Jess said...

So cute! Love the circle inchies and cut santas!

Zarah said...

That is GORGEOUS! I love it - and it's funny TOO!! Yay for you! :D