Sunday, March 20, 2011

Peace - Jingle Belles Style

I have been an absentee blogger. Oh, well. Been outta town, etc, etc. You know how it goes, right? But, at least I made it back in time to play in this week's Jingle Belles challenge. YAY!!! So much fun.

This week it's a sketch challenge brought to us by Allison Fillo. Stop by her blog and see all the inspiration, but first here's her sketch:



I had a TON of fun with this sketch because, well, I spent my entire morning in chat with my good friend, Leslie - The Crooked Stamper - and we played and played and played!! She created an amaaaaazingly gorgeous card and I got a little stuck. I think after seeing her pretty card I wasn't sure where to go with mine. I had to eat and then regroup before I could finish mine. HAHHAH!! Food is so important. ;)

So after knowing how beautiful Leslie's card was and thinking, "okay, should I just make a card covered in teeny little roses, too?" I just kept at it and came up with this:



I think the Webster's Pages paper does ALL the work for me. :) Love that stuff.

Thank you, Leslie, for another "squeeeeeee-filled" day! You ROCK! :) Hope everyone else has a squeeee-filled week! :)

{Supplies:
Paper: Cardstock - (SU, PTI, Gina K Designs & Paper Temptress), DSP - Sweet Season Sprinkles (Webster's Pages)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Stamp: Peace, Joy, Love (by Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday)
Die-Cutting/Embossing/Punches: Petite Circ. Nestability (Spellbinders), Swiss Dots & Snowflake Cuttlebug Folders (Provocraft), Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart), Die-cutting Machine (Vagabond - Tim Holtz for Sizzix)
Accessories: Satin ribbon & rick-rack (SU), Pearl (Martha Stewart), Stickers (Webster's Pages), Crimper (Fiskars), Corner Rounder (We-R-Memory Keepers)}




All my best,

17 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh funky! i like!!

SmilynStef said...

That is why I never look at Lauren's card before I make mine ... because I feel the same way you're describing ... however, your card is magical ... I love that ruffled ribbon and the unexpected colors in the background ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

HEY, I never even noticed the extra schtuff you put in the rows of ribbon and paper under the circle. Crimper?! Rick-rack? And that scrunched ribbon down the left side is divine!

PS: I just emailed my LSS to order me some of this paper. YOUR FAULT!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh wow...that paper blows my mind! Love the tone on tone of the focal snowflake too!

Marianne said...

Love the ruffled ribbon ! If I find time I will play this week.

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card!

Tiff said...

This card is GORGEOUS!

lauren bergold said...

well, b heckie, ♥WHO♥ could see THIS AMAZIN' CARD and not be suddenly and overwhelmingly SQUEE-filled, eh?!?! it'd just NOT be possible, so don't even bother trying, ok?! YEEEOWZA, that is beeeeeeeeautiful, clever, and SO FABULOUS!!! you and miss leslie are QUITE the crafty pair, i must say!!! ♥

Lorraine said...

I am loving the ribbon! Really - it's so cool. Wonderful blend of patterned paper.

Lisa said...

love this - the ruffled ribbon is a gorgeous addition.

~amy~ said...

Super fun! Love all the colors!

KatheD said...

wow - i totally wish food made me this creative! brilliant card, especially love the snowflake/dotted circle element!

Lisa said...

Great card Lisa! I like that the colors arent ones I would necessarily associate with Christmas, yet they work perfectly! Gorgeous!

June Houck said...

These papers are so pretty! I love the bold color and design. and your ric rac :) Love this card; one of my personal faves this week at JB.

Rose said...

love that ribbon and your card is AWESOME!!! :)

Lisa Voerg said...

I love the ribbon treatment on the left. Beautiful card.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh I love this, colorful and fun DP with super sweet ribbon treatment, wonderfully done!