Welcome to our first "official" challenge on Shopping Our Stash. This is a fun one. RIBBON REWIND! Because seriously, being a crafter....who doesn't love ribbon?
"Ribbon Rewind- create a project using either your oldest ribbon or the color of ribbon you have the most of OR use your ribbon in a way you normally don't- like make a flower with it, scrunch it up on a card, weave, make a wreath etc."
What do you think you'll create for this awesome challenge? I know I've hoarded so much ribbon it's ridiculous. And, it's tough because you know you "need" that perfectly matching ribbon for your project, too. Am I right? CAN I GET AN AMEN?! HAHHA!
So, here's what I created for this week's SOS Challenge:
The pretty ribbon is some I kind of stashed away and forgot about (oops!) and was a gift from a Stampin' Up Demo friend of mine, the ric-rac & piece of daisy chain were hand-me-downs from my mom. Yay for Mom! (I actually have a lot of stashed ribbon from my mom.) I tried two new techniques for making ribbon flowers. One is the "poofy" flower which I think is normally reserved for felt...not sure. But I decided to try it with ribbon. I like it! And the second is with the ric-rac. (Would have turned out better with thicker/wider ric-rac.)
Anyway...I hope you like it! Click to see all the fabulousness the DT created this week. You won't want to miss out!!
Alica
Carla
Crystal
Deena
Kristina
Leslie
You are HERE! :)
Marie
Paige
Hope you all are enjoying your week and I can't wait to see what you create with your stash! :)
{Supplies:
Paper: Cardstock, Presto Patterned Paper (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Versamagic Chalk Ink - Spring Pansy (Tsukineko), Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery Dye Ink (Stampin' Up!), Distress Embossing Ink (Ranger)
Stamps: Framed Greetings (My Favorite Things)
Die-Cutting/Embossing: Framed Greetings Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
Accessories: White Embossing Powder (Hero Arts), Rhinestones (Kaisercraft), Pearls (Stampin' Up!)
Hoarded Ribbon: Ribbon Originals Sweet Shop (Stampin' Up!), Daisy cut from a length of daisy chain ribbon, white ric-rac (Mom).}
All my best,

6 comments:
Fun challenge...love how you've used your ribbon stash:) Good grief, I have tons of ribbon...
what awesome ribbon you have! love the blooms and the layered ribbon border on your card!
Absolutely beautiful!!'. Love the ribbon flowers!! You're right you never can have too much ribbon and I always seem to buy it to match a project and then NEVER can find it when I need it :(
How can I hate you and your creativity so much, and yet love you tons and tons at the same time ;-)
This card is AWESOME!I love the colors you used and those ribbon flowers turned out fantastic!
This will be a hard challenge for me, I dont use much ribbon. Got to put my thinking cap on!
Sew, sew pretty! I LOVE IT!!!! Gorgeous flowers. You are one talented and extremely creative lady!
what a lovely creation it's great love the different ribbon effects
Jacki xx
Post a Comment